Redcar and Coatham Rovers
Although a team called Redcar Rovers existed as early as 1885, it would appear that Redcar and Coatham Rovers came about after the demise of the town’s original side.
They had an excellent season in 1896, the year after Redcar and Coatham had folded, winning 15 of their 20 fixtures. They became affiliated with the Cleveland Football Association the following season. An 1898 annual meeting shows that they played in the racing colours of local MP James Lowther, which was yellow and blue, but their appearances in the local press cease after that.